caret icon Back to all discussions

Awareness Month 2024 - A Day in the Life

What does a day in the life look for you living with macular degeneration?

Use this thread like you would a journal. Your voice is bound to help someone else living with AMD!

1. since advancing to geographic atrophy each day is full of challenges. I need to address an envelope. I can’t read my own writing so I am not sure how legible it is. Recipes require a magnifier and the list goes on. In spite of these challenges I am shifting my focus to what I CAN still see, do, and & find joy in each day. Sharon Moore patient leader

1. I feel like Im slowly drowning and no one can help me.

1. we are all here to offer you support. Many of us have felt like that at one time, and we understand. What said about taking one day at a time is good advice. I've sometimes been at the stage where I've had to take one hour at a time. I've actually checked it on the clock! Do you have wet or dry macular degeneration and how is your vision? Are you getting any support from friends or family? Warm wishes, Wendy, Patient Leader.

2. Bless your heart. I hope that the members here, me included although I'm new, can provide you the support you need so that you can take one day at a time. Hugs.

1. thanks for being a supportive member of our community. Welcome to our group. Best wishes, Wendy, Patient Leader.

Please read our rules before posting.