Depression and Macular Degeneration
Jaime R. Herndon | December 2018
- Cimarolli VR, Casten RJ, Rovner BW, Heyl V, Sorensen S and Horowitz A. Anxiety and depression in patients with advanced macular degeneration: Current perspectives. Clin Ophthalmol. 2016; 10: 55-63. Doi: 10.2147/OPTH.S80489. Accessed November 13, 2018.
- Moschos MM, Nitoda E, Lavaris A. Estimation of depression prevalence in patients with Stargardt disease using PHQ-9 and Zung scores. Eur J Ophthalmol. 2016; 26(3). Doi: 10.5301/ejo.5000700. Accessed February 5, 2019.
- Nyman SR, Gosney MA, Victor CR. Psychosocial impact of visual impairment in working-age adults. British Journal of Ophthalmology. 2010; 94(11). Doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1136/bjo.2009.164814. Accessed February 5, 2019.
- National Institutes of Health: National Institute of Mental Health. Depression. 2018. https://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/topics/depression/index.shtml#part_145397. Accessed November 13, 2018.
- Wyse A. Depression in age-related macular degeneration. American Macular Degeneration website. n.d. https://www.macular.org/depression-amd-arnold-wyse-md. Accessed November 13, 2018.