What is Age-Related Macular Degeneration (AMD)?
Jaime R. Herndon | December 2018
- Yonekawa Y, Miller JW, Kim IK. Age-related macular degeneration: Advances in management and diagnosis. J Clin Med. 2015; 4: 343-359. Doi: 10.3390/jcm4020343. Accessed September 18, 2018.
- Facts About Age-Related Macular Degeneration. National Institutes of Health: National Eye Institute website. Last reviewed September 2015. https://nei.nih.gov/health/maculardegen/armd_facts. Accessed September 18, 2018.
- Al Gwairi O, Thach L, Zheng W, Osman N, Little PJ. Cellular and molecular pathology of age-related macular degeneration: Potential for proteoglycans. Journal of Ophthalmology. 2016. Doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2016/2913612. Accessed January 6, 2019.
- Taggart MS. Retinal pigment epithelium: The eye’s first line of defense against macular degeneration. BrightFocus Foundation website. 2016. https://www.brightfocus.org/macular/news/retinal-pigment-epithelium-eyes-first-line-defense-against-macular. Accessed January 6, 2019.
- National Institutes of Health: National Eye Institute. Facts About Age-Related Macular Degeneration. 2018. https://nei.nih.gov/health/maculardegen/armd_facts. Accessed January 6, 2019.
- Age-Related Macular Degeneration Preferred Practice Patterns – Updated 2015. American Academy of Opthalmology website. https://www.aao.org/preferred-practice-pattern/age-related-macular-degeneration-ppp-2015. January 2015. Accessed September 18, 2018.