Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Jaime R. Herndon | January 2019
- National Institutes of Health: National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health. Complementary, Alternative, or Integrative Health: What’s in a Name? 2018. https://nccih.nih.gov/health/integrative-health#hed1. Accessed October 14, 2018.
- Mayo Clinic staff. Acupuncture. 2018. https://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/acupuncture/about/pac-20392763. Accessed October 14, 2018.
- Jiao NJ. Observation on therapeutic effect of age-related macular degeneration treated with acupuncture. Zhongguo Zhen Jiu. 2011; 31(1): 43-45. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21355157. Accessed October 14, 2018.
- Pulido J, Sanders D, Winters JL, et al. Clinical outcomes and mechanism of action for rheopheresis treatment of age-related macular degeneration (AMD). J Clin Apher. 2005; 20(3): 185-94. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15892078. Accessed October 14, 2018.
- Dunaief J. Alternative Medicine for Macular Degeneration: Does It Work? BrightFocus Foundation website. 2017. https://www.brightfocus.org/macular/article/alternative-medicine-macular-does-it-work. Accessed October 14, 2018.
- National Institutes of Health: National Eye Institute. What the Age-Related Eye Disease Studies Mean For You. 2018. https://nei.nih.gov/areds2/PatientFAQ. Accessed October 14, 2018.