Complications of Macular Degeneration
Jaime R. Herndon | December 2018
- National Institutes of Health: Genetic and Rare Diseases Information Center. Charles Bonnet Syndrome. 2018. https://rarediseases.info.nih.gov/diseases/10343/charles-bonnet-syndrome. Accessed October 19, 2018.
- Casten R & Rovner B. Depression in age-related macular degeneration. J Vis Impair Blind. 2008; 102(10): 591-599. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2792986. Accessed October 20, 2018.
- Nyman SR, Gosney MA, Victor CR. Psychosocial impact of visual impairment in working-age adults. British Journal of Ophthalmology. 2009; 94(11). Doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1136/bjo.2009.164814. Accessed February 5, 2019.
- Wood JM, Lacherez P, Black AA, et al. Risk of falls, injurious falls, and other injuries resulting from visual impairment among older adults with age-related macular degeneration. Invest Ophthalmol Visl Sci. 2011; 52: 5088-5092. Doi: 10.1167/iovs.10-6644. Accessed October 20, 2018.
- Hong T, Mitchell P, Burlutsky G, et al. Visual impairment and the incidence of falls and fractures among older people: Longitudinal findings from the Blue Mountains Eye Study. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2014; 55(11): 7589-93. Doi: 10.1167/iovs.14-14262. Accessed October 20, 2018.