Catalina Taco Salad
If you know me, you know I love a good salad. Sometimes, however, eating the same old salad over and over again can get old. This is a great way to add some substance to salads, make it more of a meal than a side item, and pack in a ton of flavor and eye-healthy nutrients in one sitting.
Total Time: 15 minutes | Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 15 minutes
Servings: 4 | Serving size: 2 cups
Ingredients for Catalina taco salad:
- 1 6.5 oz bag of butter lettuce (can substitute for any type of lettuce or spinach you prefer)
- ½ onion, diced
- 4 oz grape tomatoes, sliced
- ½ orange bell pepper, sliced
- ½ can (about 1 cup) dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- ¾ cup Kraft lite Catalina dressing
- ½ pound ground turkey, browned
**An additional ingredient you can add for flavor and crunch is crunched up tortilla chips or Doritos to the top of the salad (this is where the ‘taco’ part comes in). I generally don’t do this if I’m eating healthy, but my kids love it and I add them when going to a get together because it’s a fan favorite.
**For a potluck, you’ll want to double the ingredients for a larger salad.
Directions for a Catalina taco salad:
- Brown your turkey in a nonstick pan
- While your turkey is browning, dice onion, slice grape tomatoes, slice orange bell pepper, drain and rinse kidney beans
- Once turkey is cooked through, drain and mix all chopped and sliced ingredients into a bowl of butter lettuce
- Add lite Catalina dressing
- Add optional chips on top - chips are not included in the nutritional facts for this recipe
- Mix ingredients together
- Serve and enjoy
This salad is best served fresh, but it can be refrigerated and eaten the next day as leftovers. It’s pretty delicious when the meat is warm and the veggies are room temperature.
- calories: 248
- carbohydrates: 25.5g
- cholesterol: 58mg
- fat: 8.1g
- fiber: 2.8g
- protein: 18.3g
- saturated fat: 1.1g
- sodium: 675mg
- sugar: 14.8g
Disclaimer: We recognize that some ingredients listed in this recipe may not adhere to some diets or may include allergens for some people. Please feel free to omit or substitute any ingredients that don’t work for you.
Do you find it easy to advocate for yourself?