What is Avastin® (bevacizumab)?
Jaime R. Herndon | January 2019
- National Institutes of Health: National Eye Institute. Facts About Age-Related Macular Degeneration. 2015. https://nei.nih.gov/health/maculardegen/armd_facts. Accessed November 12, 2018.
- Dunaief J. Myopic Macular Degeneration. BrightFocus Foundation website. 2018. https://www.brightfocus.org/macular/article/myopic-macular. Accessed February 4, 2019.
- American Macular Degeneration Foundation. Macular Degeneration Treatments. n.d. https://www.macular.org/treatments. Accessed November 12, 2018.
- Berg K, Hadzalic E, Gjertsen I, Forsaa V, Berger LH, Kinge B, et al. Ranibizumab or bevacizumab for neovascular age-related macular degeneration according to the Lucentis compared to Avastin study treat-and-extend protocol: Two-year results. Ophthalmology. 2016; 123(1): 51-9. Doi: 10.1016/j.ophtha.2015.09.018. Accessed November 13, 2018.
- Karth P. Bevacizumab. American Academy of Ophthalmology EyeWiki. 2017. http://eyewiki.aao.org/Bevacizumab#Administration_and_Dosing. Accessed November 13, 2018.
- Jansen RM. The off-label use of medication: The latest on Avastin-Lucentis debacle. Med Law. 2013; 32(1): 65-77. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23781765. Accessed November 13, 2018.
- Avastin prescribing information. (2018). https://www.gene.com/download/pdf/avastin_prescribing.pdf. Accessed November 13, 2018.