Easy 5 Ingredient Turkey Pasta Bake
Some nights just require an easy, filling dinner that I know my whole family will enjoy. As a mom who is always trying to feed my children nutritious meals, and as someone who is always trying to eat for the health of my eyes... this meal is one that I have revamped to be a little healthier than I used to make it with just as much deliciousness.
I’ve substituted ground beef for ground turkey and regular penne pasta for whole wheat penne. I also pay attention to the ingredients and sugar content in my pasta sauce. These small changes really have big benefits for our health.
Total Time: 40 minutes | Preparation Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 8 | Serving size: 2 cups
Ingredients for turkey pasta bake:
- One pound ground turkey
- One 2 oz box whole wheat penne pasta
- One 26 fl oz jar pasta sauce (check sugar content)
- One 14.5 oz can of petite diced tomatoes (my favorite is garlic and olive oil flavor)
- 2 c Kraft shredded cheese (my favorite is their Italian blend)
Directions for turkey pasta bake:
- Brown your turkey meat in a pan, drain
- While meat is cooking, boil pasta, drain
- Mix meat, pasta, petite diced tomatoes, and pasta sauce
- Put into 8X11 baking dish
- Sprinkle shredded cheese on top
- Bake for 5 to 7 minutes at 350 degrees
Per serving (2 cups)
- calories: 475
- carbohydrates: 52.2g
- cholesterol: 89mg
- fat: 18.4g
- fiber: 7.9g
- potassium: 270mg
- protein: 33.8g
- saturated fat: 7g
- sodium: 720mg
- sugar: 11.6g
Disclaimer: We recognize that some ingredients listed in this recipe may not adhere to some diets or may include allergens for some people. Please feel free to omit or substitute any ingredients that don’t work for you.
Have you visited our new sister site, ChronicDryEye.net?