Mediterranean Veggie Pesto Pasta Recipe
Last updated: November 2021
An easy meal that’s healthy and so delicious that it can be considered a comfort food too? Yes, please! This dish showcases fresh sauteed vegetables added to a creamy pesto sauce over pasta. This would make a warm and filling Sunday evening dinner, providing enough leftovers for smaller lunch portions for the next day to enjoy with a side salad or your favorite yogurt parfait dessert.
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 25 minutes
Serving Size: 2 cups | Servings: 6
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons pesto (store bought - my favorite is Barilla)
- 1 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed cooking oil (can substitute for your favorite olive oil)
- ¼ teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoons pepper
- 1 large zucchini, sliced then halved
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 orange bell pepper, sliced
- 8 oz (one carton) mushrooms, sliced
- 1 head broccoli, cut at the bottom of the stem (will yield 2 cups)
- 2 oz box whole wheat linguine noodles (my favorite is Buitoni brand)
- Prepare all vegetables by slicing (halving the zucchini after slicing and cutting broccoli at the bottom of each stem).
- Start a pot of boiling water to cook linguine noodles.
- Heat up a skillet with 2 tbsp grapeseed cooking oil and 1 TBSP minced garlic.
- Saute vegetables on medium heat until cooked through (they will become mushy if you overcook them).
- When the pot of water is boiling, stir in linguine noodles to cook, strain when finished.
- Place strained noodles back into their pot, adding the vegetables, ¼ cup heavy cream, 2 TBSP pesto, and salt and pepper.
- Mix, serve, and enjoy!
- calories: 117
- carbohydrates: 8.2g
- cholesterol: 8mg
- fat: 9g
- fiber: 2g
- potassium: 393mg
- protein: 3.4g
- saturated fat: 2g
- sodium: 144mg
- sugars: 4.2g
Photograph by Andrea Junge. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
Disclaimer: MacularDegeneration.net does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Have you gotten a second opinion about your macular degeneration?
Join the conversation