Homemade Eye-Healthy Guacamole
Who doesn’t love a good chip and dip combo? Guacamole is not only delicious but the star ingredient, the avocado, is PACKED with eye-healthy nutrients! Avocados not only increase antioxidant absorption from other eye-healthy foods, but they also contain powerful antioxidants themselves. They contain healthy fats and the ever-important carotenoids lutein and zeaxanthin. Add that to the benefits of tomatoes and onions mixed in and we have one amazing snack!
Total time: 10 min. | Prep time: 10 min.
Servings: 4 | Serving size: ~20 chips
- 2 whole large avocados, mashed
- ½ pint of grape tomatoes (about 6 ounces), chopped
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- ½ lime, juiced
- ¼ c cilantro leaves, chopped
- ½ TSP garlic salt
- ½ TSP pepper
- 1 bag Late July brand sweet potato multigrain chips
- Chop grape tomatoes and cilantro, dice onions, and set aside
- Mash avocados, squeezing lime juice onto them in order to keep it fresh longer and add zest
- Mix all ingredients together, adding garlic salt and pepper
- Serve with chips for dipping
Per serving (4)
- calories: 435
- carbohydrates: 40.8g
- fat: 28.9g
- fiber: 12.8g
- potassium: 771mg
- protein: 6.8g
- saturated fat: 3.4g
- sodium: 133mg
- sugar: 4.7g
Disclaimer: We recognize that some ingredients listed in this recipe may not adhere to some diets or may include allergens for some people. Please feel free to omit or substitute any ingredients that don’t work for you.
Do you still drive?