Homemade Eye-Healthy Guacamole
Who doesn’t love a good chip and dip combo? Guacamole is not only delicious but the star ingredient, the avocado, is PACKED with eye-healthy nutrients! Avocados not only increase antioxidant absorption from other eye-healthy foods, but they also contain powerful antioxidants themselves. They contain healthy fats and the ever-important carotenoids lutein and zeaxanthin. Add that to the benefits of tomatoes and onions mixed in and we have one amazing snack!
Total time: 10 min. | Prep time: 10 min.
Servings: 4 | Serving size: ~20 chips
- 2 whole large avocados, mashed
- ½ pint of grape tomatoes (about 6 ounces), chopped
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- ½ lime, juiced
- ¼ c cilantro leaves, chopped
- ½ TSP garlic salt
- ½ TSP pepper
- 1 bag Late July brand sweet potato multigrain chips
- Chop grape tomatoes and cilantro, dice onions, and set aside
- Mash avocados, squeezing lime juice onto them in order to keep it fresh longer and add zest
- Mix all ingredients together, adding garlic salt and pepper
- Serve with chips for dipping
Per serving (4)
- calories: 435
- carbohydrates: 40.8g
- fat: 28.9g
- fiber: 12.8g
- potassium: 771mg
- protein: 6.8g
- saturated fat: 3.4g
- sodium: 133mg
- sugar: 4.7g
Disclaimer: MacularDegeneration.net does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
True or false: You always know if you have macular degeneration.