Dietary Research and Recommendations
Jamie R. Herndon | February 2019
- American Optometric Association. Nutrition and Age-Related Macular Degeneration. 2018. https://www.aoa.org/patients-and-public/caring-for-your-vision/nutrition/nutrition-and-age-related-macular-degeneration. Accessed January 4, 2019.
- Mayo Clinic. Dry Macular Degeneration. 2018. https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/dry-macular-degeneration/diagnosis-treatment/drc-20350381. Accessed January 4, 2019.
- National Institutes of Health: National Eye Institute. Facts About Macular Degeneration. 2018. https://nei.nih.gov/health/maculardegen/armd_facts. Accessed January 4, 2019.
- Kaushik S, Wang JJ, Flood V, et al. Dietary glycemic index and the risk of age-related macular degeneration. The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 2008; 88(4): 1104-1110. Doi: https://doi.org/10.1093/ajcn/88.4.1104. Accessed January 6, 2019.
- National Institutes of Health. How Diet May Affect Age-Related Macular Degeneration. 2017. https://www.nih.gov/news-events/nih-research-matters/how-diet-may-affect-age-related-macular-degeneration. Accessed January 6, 2019.
- Mayo Clinic. Glycemic Index Diet: What’s Behind the Claims. 2017. https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/in-depth/glycemic-index-diet/art-20048478. Accessed January 6, 2019.
- The Discovery Eye Foundation. AMD and a Healthy Diet: How They Relate. 2016. https://discoveryeye.org/amd-healthy-diet. Accessed January 6, 2019.